All your questions answered:
- How often should I get my dog’s nails trimmed?
- This will depend on where you walk your dog. I will check your dog nails every time he or she is groomed. If your dog is walked on hard surfaces such as pavement or concrete then they may not need trimming, apart from their dew claws.
- How often should my dog’s ears be plucked?
- Current thoughts are now that ears should not be plucked unless your dog has a problem. When necessary his is part of our full groom service. I do not pluck ears without discussing it with you first.
- How do I keep my dog free of knots and matt’s?
- Groom your dog at home regularly to keep them matt free between professional grooms. Once or twice a week is usually enough, but individual dogs do vary. For most breeds, you will need a slicker brush and a steel comb. A matt buster can also be useful, particularly for curly coated breeds.